In this list, you will find the bassinet that I purchased for my son, new and innovative smart bassinets, and the overall best bassinet of 2021.
Safe sleep is so important, so before I give you my list, here are a few things to consider when purchasing your bassinet for your little peanut ♥
This post contains affiliate links. I may earn a small commission if you purchase something through one of these links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Thank you for the support!
Jump Ahead To:
Bassinets And Cradles Are Federally Regulated
Did you know that the words ‘bassinet’ and ‘cradle’ are federally regulated terms?
Until I had my son, I had no idea.
But, I became obsessed with safe sleep, and I wanted to learn everything that was out there.
So while I was researching what kind of bassinet to get for my son, I learned about the key components of bassinets and cradles.
When you are buying a bassinet or cradle it is important to look at the WORDS on the packaging.
Just because something shows a baby sleeping in it, or is labeled as a ‘sleeper,’ ‘lounger’ or ‘napper’ does not make it a bassinet.
Make sure that your bassinet is clearly labeled as a bassinet.
Note: all of these terms (crib, play yard, and bassinet) are regulated terms. You can find more information on each at the Consumer Product Safety Commission.
Recalls are always happening, so make sure to check your exact model with the Consumer Product Safety Commission before putting your bassinet on your registry.
Once you get your bassinet, make sure to register it with the product registration card so that the company can reach you directly in the event of a recall.
If you haven’t noticed yet, I am still obsessed with safe sleep.
If you are a new momma and haven’t given safe sleep much thought, here are a few important pieces issued by the American Association of Pediatrics.
- Infants should sleep on their backs
- Firm sleep surface
- Breastfeeding is recommended if possible
- Room sharing (note: this is not bedsharing)
- Nothing in the crib (use a swaddle, sleepsack, or wearable blanket instead of loose blankets and sheets)
- Using a pacifier
- Parents or caretakers should not use drugs or alcohol
- Avoid overheating
- Avoid the use of commercial devices that are inconsistent with safe sleep recommendations
Many hospitals have now adopted safe sleep policies that they will review with you and make you sign off on before you can take your baby home, so it would be a good idea to review the basics beforehand so that you have everything that you might need for your baby waiting at home.
If you want more information, I would read through all safe sleep recommendations from the AAP (American Academy of Pediatrics), and check-in with your pediatrician who probably has additional up-to-date literature to provide you for free!
Mom-Tip: In this list, you will not find any co-sleeper products, as the AAP has not deemed them safe.
Ok, ok, now on to the fun stuff!!
These are the best bassinets of 2021, listed in no particular order.
The Best Bassinets
The Essential Series HALO BassiNest Bedside Bassinet
This bassinet is definitely going for quality over quantity. The features are pretty basic, but include:
- A 360 swivel base which makes it very easy to access baby when you are lying down
- A collapsible side wall for even easier access (especially for mommas who are recovering from a C-section)
- Breathable mesh walls
- A storage pocket
- One sheet is included
Some people have complained that the bassinet itself is very heavy and clunky, but I feel this is actually a positive because you know it won’t be accidentally tipped over by another child, dog, etc. It would be something to consider if you were planning on moving your bassinet from room to room though.
Graco Dream Suite Bassinet
This is the bassinet that I would have purchased for my son! Reasons why I love it:
- It turns into a changing table with one hand!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ok, you might not be as excited about this as I am, but hear me out.
In the early months, babies need to be changed regularly throughout the night. It makes no sense to have your changing table in another room.
I know some mommas muscle through with a changing pad on their bed… But if you have a boy, you know that at some point this system means you are crawling back into bed with a wet spot or two.
The other option is to do what I did and move the entire dresser in our bedroom. Trust me, this is a huge hassle, and might not be an option for some depending on how much space you have.
- It even has a convenient storage basket underneath to keep changing supplies.
- 2-Speed vibration. Another thing that doesn’t seem like a big deal, until you realize your child instantly falls asleep on a vibrating mattress (like mine did!). We bought this aftermarket vibration pad which worked fine, but it would have been nice to have everything built-in.
- Mesh walls for breathability
- A canopy to block out light
- Hanging toys to entertain the baby
- Locking wheels so you can easily move the bassinet around
Honestly, for the price, and all of the features, this is the top bassinet of 2021.
Delta Deluxe 2-In-1 Bedside Bassinet
- A removable bassinet. Great for 2-floor living or easy traveling. Baby can nap safely wherever you are.
- Includes a soothing pod that gently vibrates, emits a nightlight, and plays sound.
- Adjustable canopy for blocking out the light.
- Wheels to easily move the bassinet from one area to the next.
- Hanging toys to entertain baby.
Dream On Me Karley Bassinet
Mom-Tip: Best bassinet for sleeping outdoors.
- Adjustable double canopy to keep baby completely protected from insects.
- Great if you like to tap baby outside for naps.
- Mesh walls for breathability.
- Folds easily for portability.
Ingenuity Dream and Grow Bedside Bassinet
If you’re looking for something that can also be used as a crib for the first year of life, the Ingenuity Dream and Grow Bedside Bassinet is it.
- Has two modes and can be used as a bassinet or portable crib to accommodate baby for the first year.
- Can play sounds and soothing vibrations.
- Has 2 locking wheels to easily move the bassinet.
- Comes with a fitted sheet
Chicco LullaGo Anywhere Portable Bassinet
This is the bassinet that I currently own. We bought it for its portability, sturdiness, and washability. I do wish it had vibration and sound built-in.
- Everything is machine washable 🙌
- Comes with a removable mattress pad.
- Memory foam mattress.
- Retractable canopy with hanging toys.
- Mesh sides for breathability.
- Travel bag included!
Munchkin Brica Fold N’ Go Travel Bassinet
- Great if you are low on space!
- Portable bassinet folds into a convenient carrying case.
- Mesh sides for breathability.
- Safe-T-Lock system locks together in seconds for an extra sturdy design.
- Comes with a removable mattress pad and fitted sheet.
Luxe Series HALO BassiNest Swivel Sleeper Bedside Bassinet
Includes all of the features of the Essential Series HALO BassiNest plus:
- Detachable bed to provide a safe sleeping space anywhere in the house.
- A nightlight
- A floor light
- 2-Speed vibration
- Soothing sounds
This is truly a luxury-brand bassinet!
Best Smart Bassinets
Smart bassinets are responsive to your baby. They vibrate, rock, or play sounds depending on your baby’s cries or activity level.
Smart bassinets haven’t been around for very long–in fact, they were just coming out last year when I had my baby–so make sure to stay up-to-date on safe sleep recommendations and always register your product with the manufacturer as soon as you unbox it.
Graco Sense2Snooze Bassinet
- Cry detection hears the baby and automatically responds with rocking, vibrating, and sounds to lull the baby back to sleep.
- Mesh sides for breathability.
- Adjustable canopy to block out light.
- Built-in storage compartments.
- Four wheels make it easy to move around.
- Con: there is no waterproof sheet or mattress pad, which makes it difficult to clean if the baby spits up a lot.
Cradlewise Smart Crib
The Cradlewise Smart Crib is the next generation of cribs for parents. With its stunning design, gentle bouncing, soothing sounds, built-in monitor, we are just scratching the surface of what this crib can offer you.
- 2-In-1 Bassinet and crib can be easily converted to accommodate your baby from day one until a whopping 24 months.
- The crib has an advanced adaptive soothing bounce that gently starts and stops without any abrupt changes.
- The crib bounces while the baby is awake and turns off when the baby is asleep.
- A patented whisper-quiet bounce that won’t wake the baby (or the parents 😉).
- It also plays music to help the baby fall asleep, or drown out other sounds with white noise.
- It has a built-in wifi video monitor, so you don’t have to purchase a separate monitor or worry about mounting a monitor on the wall.
- The monitor also monitor’s the baby’s sleep patterns and provides useful data and insights for parents.
- A sleek and timeless wood design will suit any nursery.
- Walls are made entirely of mesh for breathability.
- Comes with two fitted sheets so you don’t have to worry if your baby has a blow-out in the middle of the night!
- Free shipping.
- 30-Day money-back guarantee. They will take it back for any reason. They will even pick it up from your doorstep so you don’t have to deal with the hassle of shipping it back… Not that I think you will want to!!
Bassinet Vs. Mini Crib
If you’re considering whether you should get a mini crib, regular crib, pack n’ play, or bassinet. Check out some of my articles on different crib types: